Expertise and Coaching Approach
Ed specializes in executive coaching and executive team development. His approach brings his leadership and consulting experience to practical immediate change. Ed takes these steps in his approach to developing client leaders:
- Efficiently gathers confidential observations from key people
- Ensures the individual is committed to the coaching process
- Agrees with absolute clarity on the expected interpersonal behaviors and development areas with the individual and key people
- Focuses on caring and frank discussions about behavior and its impact on others
- Evaluates outcomes based on observation by key people during and at the conclusion of the assignment.
Recent consulting engagements have included:
- Executive coaching for senior leaders in pharmaceuticals, health care and higher education.
- Onboarding consulting in consumer goods and environmental engineering.
- Presentation skills training for senior executives and high potential employees at global accounting and financial services firms.
Before becoming an independent consultant, Ed was a World-Wide Partner at Mercer Human Resource Consulting and Global leader for performance management consulting services at Watson Wyatt.
Clients have included John Deere, PwC, Citibank, Coleman, New Era, Ball State University, College Of American Pathologists, Erie Family Health Centers, and Toshiba, among others.
Education and Credentials
Ed earned his BA from Lake Forest College and his MA from Loyola Chicago. He attended the Harvard Business School Management Development program and earned his Program Specialist In Organization Development (PSOD) designation from National Training Laboratories. He has published articles on the aging workforce, performance ownership, 360 degree feedback and severance strategies. He is the co-author of The Total Onboarding Program (Wiley), a guidebook on designing and leading a new manager onboarding program.
Ed has served as board chairman for Global Alliance for Africa for the past five years. This group provides digital learning, libraries and art therapy in East Africa. He passions include reading, biking, walking, cooking and spending time with his wife, adult children and just recently a baby grandson. If you want to sidetrack Ed, ask him what he is reading and be prepared to be asked the same.